Friday, November 10, 2006

You Buy?


A quick post from Dubai with a promise that there will be more to come. I have a great view over the Dubai Creek Yacht Club but I've been spending most of my time behind the camera or infront of a computer. Actually I did get out of the hotel the last two nights. Last night I headed to Deira City Center, a middle of the road mall not far from the hotel and tonight I made it to Irish Villiage, a themed restaurant and drinking establishment at the Tennis Stadium.

Last night was a frustrating and exhausting struggle through the crowds and public announcements in Carrefore, a Wallmart-style "Hypermart." There must have been a thousand shoppers and hundreds of employees in the store buying and selling everything from baskets of kids shoes to flat screen TV's to fresh fish. I managed to escape with a six of tonic water, some AA batteries and a strong desire to never set foot in Carreforre again.

Tonight was a little more relaxing, I got to chill out with a couple of pints of Guinness, a cheeseburger and a patio. It was almost a normal dinning experience and though I had no company I relished every minute of it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You missed a sweet housewarming party at Casa Gilman, dude. Much JDS and poker was played and much wine was consumed.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home