Friday, October 27, 2006

Amman with a View


This is just a quick post to let everyone know that I have arrived in Amman, Jordan. After what felt like two days of travel, and an extended stop in Frankfurt, Germany, I arrived very early this morning. From the back of a Mercedes taxi I peered into the dark trying to discern any view, and any image of Amman I could but knowing that I was only a 99JD (about $160 CDN) cab ride to the Iraqi border my mind was hardly focused. It was a surreal trip into the city, only a few kilometres separated a sign directing drivers to either the Saudi or Iraqi border and another advertising Chicken Mc Nuggets.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey pal. Glad you are safe and sound. Is there real chicken in those nuggets?

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Neighbour! Take care of yourself, Noodles :)

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home